Credentials: Bruce A. Wilson, aplc
Bruce Wilson is an Attorney and Certified Public Accountant. His dual expertise allows him to offer clients unique insights and effective representation on tax, bankruptcy, and business matters. His unblemished record for the highest standard of professional conduct as both an attorney and CPA reinforce his expert representation of clients.
Bruce Wilson graduated from the University of Southern California in 1988 and began working for “Big Eight” accounting firm Arthur Andersen. He was licensed in California as a Certified Public Accountant in 1990. He then attended Pepperdine University Law School, graduated in 1993, and was admitted to the State Bar of California the same year. Since admission to the State Bar of California, he has served his clients as both a CPA and an attorney.
As a CPA, Mr. Wilson has the education, skill, and experience to provide a full range of accounting services, including:
- Tax return preparation;
- Tax issue resolution through the Offer-in-Compromise process;
- Tax issue resolution through bankruptcy;
- Analysis of the tax effect of transactions a client has completed or is contemplating;
- Review and preparation of financial statements; and
- Analysis of all types of accounting issues for clients.
As an attorney, Mr. Wilson practices law in the following areas:
1. Bankruptcy: Mr. Wilson has represented a large number of clients in all types of bankruptcy proceedings, including Chapter 7 ("straight" bankruptcy); Chapter 13 ("repayment plan" bankruptcy). and Chapter 11 (business bankruptcy).
2. Business Formation: Mr. Wilson skillfully handles all aspects of business formation, helps set up business accounting processes, and creates all documents required to formalize businesses in compliance with California law, including partnerships, limited liability companies ("LLC's), and corporations.
3. Collections - Mr. Wilson’s expertise extends into collections from both the debtor and creditor perspective. From the debtor perspective, Mr. Wilson successfully settles debt claims to 50-60% of the amount owed. From the creditor perspective, Mr. Wilson collects debts owed to his clients through the court system’s settlement process, recording judgments, levies, and wage garnishment.
4. Taxation - In addition to assisting clients in the formation of all types of business entities, Mr. Wilson provides tax advice and prepares all associated tax returns.
How to Contact Bruce A. Wilson, APLC
I make an effort to accommodate urgent matters, and new clients are always
welcome. For more information or to make an appointment, please contact me either by:
Telephone: (619) 497-0627
I can be reached by telephone Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. You may also use the
form below to contact me. This form is answered Monday through Friday during
the work day. Please remember that for me to become your attorney, we must first have a written attorney-client agreement signed by both of us, so please do not email any confidential information at this point. After I have reached an agreement with you, we can then exchange information freely. I look forward to helping you.